Full terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
- The SMA® Baby Club Referral prize draw programme (the “Promotion”) is only open to UK (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 or over who are registered members of the SMA® Baby Club. Nestlé UK Ltd employees and their immediate families, affiliates, agents or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion are excluded.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the promotion. Internet access required.
- The SMA® Baby Club referral prize draw programme is only open for participation to individuals who are currently pregnant or have a child under the age of 3 years old (the “Referrer”).
- Entry into the SMA® Baby Club Referral prize draw programme will only occur when there is a fully verified sign up to the SMA® Baby Club by a referred genuine person (the “Referee”). This is a condition of entry in to the prize draw in this SMA® Baby Club referral prize draw programme, and if none of the Referee’s sign up successfully within the 4-week promotional period then the Referrer will not be entered into the prize draw.
- The prize draw entry opportunity will open at 12:00 PM GMT on 31.10.18 and close at 11:59:59 AM GMT on 28.11.18 (4 weeks). Sign ups made as a result of a Referrer’s referrals after the final closing time will not be included in the relevant 4-week prize draw.
Instructions for Entrant/Referrer
- To take part in the SMA® Baby Club Referral prize draw programme and gain a chance for entries into the prize draw, participants must:
- Log in to their existing SMA® Baby Club account
- Select the SMA® Baby Club Referral prize draw programme banner at the top of the home page or follow the link in the invitation email
- Select one of the four prize options available. Only one prize selection is permitted per SMA® Baby Club account per 4-week period.
- By clicking on the ‘Generate Link’ button a unique link will be generated which will be available for the Referrer to use.
- Copy the link or use the email function to share the unique link with friends and family (the “Referees”) in order to refer them to sign up to the SMA® Baby Club. The email function will open up in your preferred email client with a pre-populated message which can be edited. The link should only be shared with friends or family members who are currently pregnant or have a child under the age of two (2) as only these individuals are eligible to join the SMA® Baby Club. Each new individual member who signs up to SMA® Baby Club upon registration and confirmation of their account will also be eligible to claim a personalised Welcome Pack.
- One sign up from a friend or family member referral will count as one entry in to the prize draw for the 4-week promotional period. The more friends or family members referred that sign up the more entries the Referrer will have in to the prize draw.
- Each time the entrant logs back in their SMA® Baby Club the promotional page will present their prize choice, along with the closing date of the promotion and the Referrer’s unique link.
- All referral links will become inactive following the closure of the promotion at 11:59:59 AM GMT on the last day of the 4-week period.
- An entry is only classed as valid once the friend or family member that has been referred completes the signup process in full, this includes validating the account via a genuine personal email.
- Entrants will receive an email 15 days after the beginning of the 4-week promotional period confirming the number of friends and family members who have signed up using their referral link, thus confirming the number of entries the entrant has at that stage in the current prize draw.
- Entries submitted via third parties, agents or in bulk are prohibited. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award a prize if they reasonably suspect that any entry was submitted by such means. Any person trying to circumvent the entry process by any method (e.g. multiple names, phones, address or IP) will be disqualified (along with their household and any other associated entries) for the duration of the Promotion.
Instructions for Referee
- Once a unique link has been received, the Referee can then decide if they wish to sign up to the SMA® Baby Club. They can ignore the invitation if they wish, however, they would have been referred under the precedent that the SMA® Baby Club will be topical and relevant for them. In order to sign up to the SMA® Baby Club the Referee must:
- Use the link sent to them. This link must be used within the relevant promotional period in order to count as an entry for the Referrer. In the event a sign up is made after the close of the promotional period or via the standard SMA® Baby Club (https://www.smababy.co.uk/registration/) website this will not count as an entry for the Referrer.
- Sign up to SMA® Baby Club by entering first name, last name, genuine authentic personal email address, baby’s date of birth or due date and password.
- Validate the sign up by clicking on the link in the confirmation email. This then counts as one entry in to the prize draw for the Referrer.
- All Referees can also claim a free personalised welcome pack following successful validation of email address. To claim the welcome pack, Referees must enter a valid postcode and address, the welcome pack will then be sent to the address provided upon sign up within 28 days.
- New members have the opportunity of entering the prize draw following successful sign up by following the steps in clause 6.
- There are four (4) prize options available to choose from (the “Prize” or “Prizes”). Although there are four (4) prize options, there will be only one winner (the “Winner”) for each prize draw. Following the close of the 4-week Promotional Period the chosen Winner will win their selected prize option. The prize options are as follows:
- £500 Smith & Family e-gift card. Redeemable over multiple transactions for hotel stays booked with Smith & Family and Mr & Mrs Smith, a collection of child-friendly hotels, guesthouses and family resorts presented by Mr & Mrs Smith. For more details please see https://smithandfamily.co.uk/, https://www.mrandmrssmith.com/ or for e-gift card Terms and Conditions please see https://www.mrandmrssmith.com/legal. Gift cards are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Any additional extras over the £500 prize amount will have to be paid for by the Winner.
- £500 John Lewis voucher redeemable at John Lewis and Waitrose stores and online at johnlewis.com, waitrose.com or waitrosedirect.com as part or full payment for goods (exclusions apply). For further Terms and Conditions for John Lewis gift cards please see https://www.johnlewisgiftcard.com/JohnLewis/ByPost/BuyGiftCard/TermsAndConditions. The gift card will expire 24 months after the last transaction on the card. Any remaining balance after this time will not be refunded. Any additional extras over the £500 prize amount will have to be paid for by the Winner.
- £500 towards a videography session either by a London professional or a local alternative (subject to availability based on location and timing). The videography session will require booking at a date and time of the Winners choosing, and the session must be booked within three (3) months of the prize confirmation. The videography session consists of a variety of bespoke video requirements and filming sessions to give a special video film experience. The Promoter will arrange for the London Professional or a local videographer to visit the Winners home/locality (time and travel permitting – restrictions apply depending on location of Winner – Mainland UK only, options & availability to be discussed as part of the choice process). The session will be booked on behalf of the Winner by the Promoter. Organisation of travel to and from the session is the Promoters’ responsibility, ideally to allow sufficient opportunities for “special family moments” to be captured. Any additional services or requirements over the £500 prize value will have to be paid for by the Winner.
- £500 towards a year’s (actually three terms) worth of swimming activities/lessons at a local swimming pool. Activities and costs may vary between pools, but the prize will give an opportunity for the baby to take to the water. The lessons or activities will be booked on behalf of the Winner, or more likely vouchers to the value of the Prize if applicable will be forwarded for the Winner to book their own lessons. Some water items may not be available to purchase via vouchers. Any additional services or requirements over the £500 prize offer, or travel expenses will have to be paid for by the Winner.
- Smith & Family, Mr & Mrs Smith, John Lewis and Waitrose are not participants in, affiliated with, or sponsors of this Promotion.
- The winner will be selected from all valid entries received via a random computerised draw selection process which will be carried out within three (3) working days after the final closing date of the 4-week promotional period. All valid entries for the 4-week period will be attributed to the correct Referrer to whom the referral was linked as per the original unique link. The prize draw will be administered by an independent third-party company who will be responsible for the draw compliance.
- The Winner will be notified via email to the email address registered to their SMA® Baby Club account within seven (7) working days of the prize draw taking place. All reasonable steps will be taken to contact the Winner, but if this cannot be achieved within 28 days of the original notification, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel prize entitlement and award the Prize to a reserve winner drawn at the same time as the original. Should the reserve winner fail to respond within 28 days of notification, the Prize will be withdrawn from the Promotion and deemed void.
- The Prize selected by the Winner upon signing up to the prize draw, if a gift card or voucher prize, will be dispatched within 14 days of the Winner supplying their relevant contact details, following a verification process, therefore allowing the maximum validity period on the gift card.
If a winner chooses the videography prize, information will be gathered from the Winner, and a suitable videographic option as detailed in Clause 11 (c) will be confirmed. If a baby/toddler swimming activity session is chosen, the Winner will be contacted to make arrangements with available local companies/pools who have the necessary facilities to fulfil the prize as outlined in Clause 11 (d). After presenting the options available to the Winner, the Promoter will book the necessary prize up to the maximum £500 value, or in the case of a swimming activity, provide vouchers up to the value of the prize. The Winner will not receive any cash payment, or other alternative for activities or unused sessions from the £500 prize value.
- Winners will be subject to a full verification process. Winners may be asked to provide further information in order to verify their claim.
- Responsibility cannot be accepted for claims or information that are lost, damaged or delayed, nor any associated costs to entrants.
- All Referrer’s will be required to provide a genuine email address (which will be the SMA® Baby Club email details) that is personal, valid and accessible throughout the promotion. In the event that the specified information is not provided or is incorrect, the entry may be considered incomplete and therefore the Promoter reserves the right to invalidate the entry.
- In the event of an email address becoming inaccessible during the promotion, the Promoter is not able to retrieve and amend any existing entries to a new email address.
- All prizes are non-transferrable, non-negotiable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is offered in whole or in part and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any part of the Prize for an item of equal or greater value due to circumstances outside of the Promoter's control should any element of the Prize be unavailable. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the Prize will only be awarded directly to the Winner.
- Limitations of liability: Neither the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion, assume any responsibility or liability for:
- Any incorrect or inaccurate code entry, or for any faulty, erroneous or failed electronic data transmissions;
- Any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of codes at any point in the operation of this promotion. Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regards to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this promotion;
- Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or the microsite or any combination thereof.
- Conduct of entry: The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant found to be tampering with the promotional link process or the operation of the promotion; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, or injury suffered by any entrant or associated party as a result of entering the Promotion or accepting the Prize, or whilst taking part in any activity associated with the prize, or any injury or damage to the entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Promotion.
- By taking part in the Promotion, entrants acknowledge that they may be required to take part in relevant publicity without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the entrants name and/or image, statements made by the entrants concerning the promotion and/or prizes obtained as part of the Promotion
- The Promoter's decision is final and binding in all promotional matters.
- A Winners’ list will be available on request by sending an email titled “SMA Referral Prize Draw Winners” to firstname.lastname@example.org for a minimum of three (3) months after the 4-week promotion end date.
- In the event of exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this Promotion or the awarding of Prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions at any stage but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The pictures and images used in connection with this Promotion and the Prize and on printed materials are for illustrative purposes only.
- The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the participating country but any disputes as to the meaning of these terms will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
Promoter: Nestlé UK Ltd, 1 City Place, Gatwick RH6 0PA